Hooray for interaction!
Anyway, there's been a lot of changes since my last post for 2008!
1) I got new tarot decks!
Finally I got everything what I've been yearning for last year — Manga by Selena Lin, Tarot of the Magical Forest (though published by Lo Scarabeo), & the Mystic Faerie. Then I snagged the El Gran Tarot Esoterico early this year while I was out with The Breakfast Club from work, & so far it's my cheapest deck ever! It also has the most grim Justice card. But then, Runey gave me his old Spanish Tarot deck after that incident! I'm still trying to get myself real acquainted with these Fournier-published decks, & this reminds me how I want to take Spanish language classes, then visit Barcelona, Andalusia, & Madrid, & binge on paella along the metro. :)) But seriously, I really didn't think I'd be prepared for such decks, until now.
This was my first ever reading for myself with the El Gran Tarot Esoterico:
Click to enlarge! I'll discuss the cards later. I used the Planets spread. But I wouldn't know if it bugs me or amuses me to no end to always end up as the Queen of Swords (see center of semi-circle, in the Love, Relationships, & Emotions position). At least the Ace of Pentacles as my Self card (enclosed in the semi-circle) is a very welcome figure.
& this was just some of the few cards that I drew for myself from the Spanish Tarot:
Again, click to enlarge for a closer look. Isn't the Ace of Cups a sight for sore eyes?
Pardon the rather icky shots, though. ^^;
2) I also got new books like the Tarot Decoder, though I have to work more closely with it when I'm using the Celtic Cross spread, & Lillian Too's 168 Feng Shui Ways To Declutter, which is my most delightful feng shui book to date. I want all her featured pricey books! I still have my tarot protege Francisbear's tarot for romance book, & I found the best version of the astrological spread there. I'll post it later.
Then I fell in love at first peruse with The Psychic Bible... even if I'm not really comfortable with calling myself 'psychic' just yet.
3) I also had a lot of tarot patrons just in time for the Chinese New Year! I really can't thank you folks enough for your confidence & patronage, especially those who've been patient to see me after so much delays. I do hope I've been of service to you. I can't wait to see & hear from you all again. ;)
It also was surreal to finally meet a patron this summer whom I've been only transacting with online. It was fun, really. I hope this year would turn out nicely for her despite everything I've seen in her last spread.
4) As for color schemes & therapy, I've also switched to pink nail polish, even if deep reds & maroons are supposedly lucky for me this year. I'm giving my nails a much-needed break, hehe. Oh, & I'm very drawn to purple now. Actually, since last year. Purple should be my new black. Should be fun. I'm jonesing for a lot of purple shoes that I can wear easily to work & elsewhere. Then I've switched to green ink, instead of my usual red, when highlighting my scribbles. Hmm.
5) I've also been taking pictures of The Breakfast Club at work after shift every chance we'd get. I need a diversion, quick. Or a staycation. You know, a getaway while still being stuck in the good ol' sweltering metro. I'm all for staying in the CBD, but I also want to go somewhere up North soon, like QC. But maybe not right now, as the North & NE1 aren't really auspicious directions to begin with this year.
6) My new reading schedule's now only every Saturday, 10am onwards, by appointment, & maybe every Monday night, at least before 11pm, again by appointment. After a long hiatus, this should work. Sundays are reserved for recuperating, but I can probably attend to e-mail requests by then. I'm keeping the 350php/hr pricing up close, & I can do house calls as long as it's within the CBD or my suburban commune, but I'm going to charge slightly higher. I'm repricing international online readings, too, because for some reason, PayPal's crazy like that. But for now, everybody can avail the usual fee until the summer equinox (June 21). Locally it's still the same, & it's made easier now with Globe's GCash. Bank payments are good, too, if preferred. Just leave a comment for more details.
7) Meet the Robinsons was such an adorable movie! I cried buckets after watching it, seriously, because it was just that awesome. I'm still a lot like Lewis after all, still suffering from lack of self-confidence while yearning hopefully what it's like to understand my past (& meet my future self unwittingly while I'm at it). A definite must-see. I so wanna watch it over & over again. Haha, my other favorite character has got to be Franny Robinson & her protegé Frankie, btw.
8) I'm thinking of making my own tarot music playlist. As inspired by Audioslave's Like A Stone (for the Hermit card), then Techy Romantics' Out of My Mind (for probably the 9 of Swords) & Photos Fade (for the 8 of Cups) & One Way (my favorite song du jour; for the 6 of Cups probably, or 5 of Cups even), then Zero 7's Waiting to Die (for obviously, the Death card). I'm still thinking of what Robbie Williams' Millenium song denotes. Probably Judgment, I'm not sure. If you have any ideas & suggestions, let me know. ;)
9) I'm subscribing to DailyOM horoscopes from now on. Mmmm, Zen.
Plus this is a nifty online daily Chinese almanac to refer to. ♥
10) Haha, then I think I wanna have this fortune-telling watch. How about you?
Anyway, that's about it for now. Let me leave you with my partial Essential Birth Report from Gina Ronco. I hope to get it in full. Get yours quick, too!
Ascendant in Aquarius and Sun in Libra
Though you may appear breezy and impersonal at times, the personal, human dimension of life is really very important to you and close to your heart.
Sun in Libra
Harmony and balance are your keynotes. You instinctively understand the need to accommodate other people's interests and desires, and you are always fair and willing to meet the other person half way. Tactful, diplomatic, and with considerable social awareness, you do all you can to avoid conflict and discord. You express a spirit of cooperation and compromise and often achieve through charm and discretion what would have been impossible to achieve by a direct, forceful approach.
Getting along with others and pleasing them may be
TOOimportant to you, for you can be too dependent on others' approval and opinions to makeyour own decisions. You will rarely act without getting the counsel and feedback of other people.You prefer sharing and doing things together rather than on your own. Being alone feels very unnatural to you, and you have a strong need for a partner and intimate one-to-one relationships.
You invest a great deal of your energy in personal love and you are very idealistic and romantic about marriage. You seek a partner who is your equal intellectually, and who is capable of a mental relationship as well as a physical and emotional one. You make a thoughtful, considerate friend or lover, and you enjoy the traditional symbols of love -- courtship, flowers, etc. Relationships are like an art to you, one that requires time, attention and creative effort. You appreciate a partner who is subtle and polished, never coarse or dull or blunt.
Fairness and equality, both in your personal life and in the world, are extremely important to you. If you fight about anything, it is often about something you feel is unfair and unbalanced. Balance is very important to you and you believe in moderation in all things, avoiding fanaticism and extremism of any sort.
You also have a strong need for beautiful, harmonious surroundings and a natural sense of artistic style and grace, which is reflected in the way you dress, furnish and arrange your home and workspace, etc. Everything must be aesthetically pleasing and appropriate. Working with people as a counselor, advisor, consultant or negotiator would be fulfilling to you, as would working in an artistic field like design or photography.
Sun in the 8th House
You crave intense experiences and are attracted to aspects of life that are strange, unfathomable or taboo. You
may hideyour interests or inclinations, except from those who know you very intimately. You are rarely content with yourself and your life, and you have an inner urge to be continually going farther or deeper than you ever have before. You also have a strong interest in social power and the role that money and economics play in people's lives.
Sun Conjunct Mercury
You tend to see things from your perspective only and to be rather subjective. You also enjoy talking and expressing your views but you don't always listen as well. You have a clear mind, a love of learning and new experiences, and need constant mental stimulation and activity.
Sun Sextile Jupiter
Your life is apt to be blessed with more than your share of helpful friends, fortuitous connections and doors opening to you at just the right time. Because you are usually willing to share and to give back to others in a generous way, you continue to generate successes in your life no matter how unfortunate prevailing circumstances are.
Oh, & happy 4/20! :P I can't get enough of the rain last night. With the Sun in Taurus now, everything should be a bit more stable than it was in Aries. & I'm just glad that the last Venus retrograde's finally over. Now all I've got to figure out is how to make expandable posts here...
I also need to plan a birthday treat for my BFF-slash-production associate Em Alberto, who'll be turning fabulously 30 on May 16th, hehe, when Saturn goes finally direct, yay!
Have a wonderful tropical summer!