Thursday, September 25, 2008

the birth of Venus (a prelude)

Wednesday, Sep 24th, 2008 – Instead of thinking about everyone else’s needs, put yourself first for a change. This is not about being unconsciously selfish. It’s about acknowledging that love of others begins with developing your self-esteem. If you don’t take adequate care of yourself, then you won’t have very much to give anyone else.
Of course, this is true all year round, not just on my birthday. But since today’s my birthday week, & I’ve been getting early greetings since last week, let’s up the ante on that, shall we?

So I’ve been trying to get a few special things for myself, like extensive Balinese massages & foot baths, a pot of anti-wrinkle night cream LOL, new tarot decks (yes, I already have the Manga by Selena Lin, Magical Forest, & Mystical Faerie), a new eco-friendly water bottle for work, new flip-flops for my tai chi & yoga classes, an appointment to a pricey hairdresser in order to save my damaged locks, then tomorrow I will make time for my meditation (my first ever guided class after a long time) before going home. Sounds pretty low-key, but it’s a good way to go easy on cocktails (though I can actually do after the haircut next week LOL). I’m also getting new Venetian blinds for my room, & clearing my schedule of unwarranted schmoozing. So far, I’m enjoying more time for sleeping this month, but yesterday I was too tired to actually show up for tai chi class that I dozed off right after rearranging my other tarot decks that I left in my locker at work, & good thing I was able to take off my white woven sandals just before another downpour ensued on my way home. I really hate getting my feet wet, though, when I’m tired. I’m thinking of taking rainy-day pictures to add to my so-called outdated portfolio, but oh, please, God, let me have more energy to actually do so!

Today, I should be talking about aromatherapeutic massages, but I might as well put that thought on hold as I still have work to do. Anyway, I have a long weekend to enjoy, so…

1 comments:

Sovania said...

That's a good idea indeed future article we read a little while and sometimes its opposite on the subject!
gay telephone