If you are wanting to be number one or just the best that you can be, start following these five strategies that will help you become a champion at whatever you choose to pursue in life:
1. Improve On The Small Things - There are many small things that can be changed to make a big difference in the final outcome of anything you are pursuing. Try to determine what areas of your life small changes may benefit. It may be something as simple as going to bed earlier, working smarter, doing more reading, advancing your education, or scheduling regular dates with your spouse and children. You may want to consider getting a coach to help inspire you, guide you and improve your productivity.
2. Study Other Successful People - Winners always seem to perform well under any circumstances no matter what adversity they encounter. You have to keep your act together physically, psychologically, and spiritually if you are going to become the best. Commit yourself to mastering and fine tuning the skills needed to become number one. Study and learn from others that have already achieved success.
3. Learn To Hyperfocus - Block out the noise, eliminate distractions and clear the mental clutter to help you stay focused on your priorities. You need to get in that zone that allows you to have optimal performance. Find that optimal time of the day when you are in your zone and use that time of day for creative thinking and performing important task. We all have experienced times when we need to be at our best and really focus without any outside distractions. If music helps you focus then utilize it to help get you in your zone for greatest creativity and productivity. Visualize yourself succeeding in whatever activity that is requiring your optimal performance.
4. Follow Your Passion - To become the best at something you have to love it so much that it does not seem like work. If you want to compete with other extraordinary people, with similar passions, you may have to give up doing things that other ordinary people do. You may have to give up hanging out with friends, sleeping in on the weekends, staying up late, and eating inappropriately. You need to use those hours to practice and fine tune the skills needed to become the best at what you do.
Try finding areas of your life that you can rearrange to raise certain areas of your life to a new level. Finding things you can let go of will allow room for focussing on the goals and dreams you truly desire.
5. Finish Strong And Fight To The Finish - How many times in life do we give it 90% only to find our efforts fizzle out. Even if you know you have won or lost, keep on fighting until the end. Never give up.
If you want to be the best at whatever you do begin studying the success of others, focus, and start making changes in the small things that will help move you towards being a champion in life.
About the Author:
Curtis McElroy is an internal medicine physician with an interest in health and wellness, fitness, weight loss, self improvement, and motivation. Go to http://imdocmac.com/mydailypassion for further information.
I hope this helps everyone reach their goals! ♥
By the way, starting this month until the next, I’ll be available every Thursday for readings, as early as 10am, at my usual haunt. I’ll be doing yoga more often, too, so wish me luck.