Friday, June 19, 2009

hooray for the summer solstice in 2009!

In case you're interested, I'll be available on the 20th for readings by 1pm. I still have to undergo physical therapy by 10am & I want to steer clear of the cafe where I usually hold sessions in during lunch. At least there'd be less people then, & Saturdays are more often than not a wonderful time to spend time there, especially during evenings. Now speaking of spending time in that cafe, like, while waiting for your turn for a reading, here are a few things that you can do without getting bored out of your wits, or you can look forward to at the very least:

Yes, there's parking in the area. Too bad parking fees can be steep, but the parking in the main building is very safe & convenient, & all you have to do is just walk a few steps to & fro the shop. Just ask me about it here.

I can stay for readings until 9pm. Just let me know in advance, & I can wait for you. It's usually very quiet there every weekend, & don't worry about privacy, as other people really wouldn't pry, unless they're potential customers. :D

I usually offer sample readings, like 1-3 cards at a time, to bystanders who get curious with what I'm doing. The only thing I can ask for in return is just respect in what I do, & a gracious acceptance of what I have to render. I respect you everytime you'd say, "teka, natatakot ako!" or "hindi ba makasademonyo yan?!" That's what I'm here for, to help de-mystify tarot & re-introduce it as something more sophisticated & worthwhile than what it's usually thought of.

(Good thing my niche doesn't subject me to that! They know what they want, & aren't afraid to ask for it, & they're VERY open-minded & intelligent enough to know that what I'm doing is both a labor of love & serious business, & that I'm not dragging anyone straight to hell, haha. In fact, au contraire. Go ask them. Thank you, folks.)

I like incorporating whatever little I know about astrology & feng shui in my readings, but only when it seems & feels relevant.

While waiting for your turn to be read, you can browse the magazines available at the cafe, or you can avail of their revamped loyalty/debit card so you can finally get free wi-fi at the very least. With all the points I've earned on my previous card, I was able to get the most of money back by redeeming them for free drinks & meals, haha. Talk about sulit. Get it for a single-receipt 250php 195php purchase in the shop. So, yeah, tote your laptop / notebook the next time you go, & you're all set. I'm thinking of finally blogging everytime I'm slated for readings there, but I'm waiting for a new netbook so I don't make my back problems worse with my huge old lappy that I hate lugging around.

While waiting for your reading hour, or waiting for your kasama or referral (whether friend/significant other/family member/coworker et al.) to have his/her session done, you can also bring your favorite book du jour or your trusty Moleskine (or any other journal) to jot down your reading expectations or results into. That's the best time sometimes to do so, trust me. :D & I'm really sorry for the long wait. Thank you for your patience & your patronage, nevertheless!

I personally recommend the cafe's staple hot vanilla drink, green tea (genmaicha or Japanese cherry), lemon chamomile tea, chai tea, double vanilla tea latte, Pure Vanilla Ice Blended (non-coffee based!), Sunrise Ice Blended, Mango Ice Blended, & the Mocha Mudslide Ice Blended for a yummy caffeine boost. But when I'd read I'd go on light & easy choices, so I usually get their hot vanilla or Japanese cherry green tea. I'm happy whenever patrons give me free drinks, but you really don't have to get me anything. Either I've already gulped down my fix for the day before the actual read-a-thon, or I'm about to once I'm done.

The cafe's pasta & salad offerings are good, too, even if rather pricey. I have mixed feelings with their lasagna, though. :/ I love their tomato & basil fare, & I'd ask for fusilli noodles in lieu of linguine. Their caesar salad is something I'd always come back for more. Oh, & I like their breakfast food!

Hehe, gacked this one off a Singaporean blog, yay!

Most of the time I don't have change, & I feel iffy giving change, so please have ample bills with you before we start. ATMs are a block or so away, btw, but it's easy to walk up to & fro those.

I'm also thinking of 'paying it forward' a little bit further on my 7th tarot anniversary next month, so I might give free readings to lucky followers of this blog. I'm also aiming to donating to charity by then, so half of your fee goes to a local cause of my choice. Go sign up now & stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! i'm interested to book a reading on july, please email me (bambigurrl[at]yahoo.com) details (i.e. location of your shop, if any). thanks.

Andalusia said...

Reply sent! Thanks so much!

rosy123 said...



Très bon article, comme toujours. Il a le mérite de susciter le commentaire

voyance gratuite par mail en ligne rapidement