Tuesday, April 15, 2008

what to do while there’s still time

I don’t care what other people say about Paulo Coelho anymore, because I like how he seems to validate my thoughts. This is why I read tarot & why peers ask the cards the same thing sometimes:
“The only way to make the right decision is to know what the wrong decision is. You have to examine the other path, without fear & without being morbid, & then decide.”

However, from the same book where that was derived, interestingly, from the Personal Vices chapter, this is what I get:
“Pity those who reduce the cosmos to an explanation, God to a magic potion, & humanity to beings with basic needs that must be satisfied, because they never hear the music of the spheres. But have even more pity on those who have blind faith, & who in their laboratories transform mercury into gold, & who are surrounded by their books about the secrets of the Tarot & the power of the pyramids. Neither of these kinds of people know Thy law that says, ‘Whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.’"

Sigh. But I am still outside looking in with wide-eyed gusto despite everything. I still feel that this is going to be my year. So hooray for my 30 Things To Do At Least Before I Die… Errr, I Mean, Before I Hit 30.
  • Learn more about feng shui, & have fun with interior decorating.

  • Get a driver’s license.

  • Learn kendo.

  • Learn more about wine appreciation.

  • Get a makeover. Seriously.

  • Be more diligent with yoga.

  • Experiment with cooking more.

  • Work on my supposed writing prowess.

  • Take care of my new puppies attentively.

  • Have my room repainted to a soft pink.

  • Take care of areca palms & orchids.

  • Collect more scented candles. Maybe even make them myself!

  • Wear sunscreen more regularly.

  • Go back to strength training.

  • Get a new pair of rollerblades.

  • Smile more, even when cranky as hell.

  • Don’t take crap from powertrippers.

  • Work on expressing my distaste/indignance/fury more constructively.

  • Take up oil painting classes.

  • Update my bookshelf/iTunes.

  • Save more money.

  • Save the world, one plastic bag & bottle at a time.

  • Learn how to assemble a desktop computer.

  • Take more pictures.

  • Master a new language.

  • Learn how to swim again.

  • Prepare for my retirement.

  • Update my resumé.

  • Get a new tarot deck, like the Victoria-Regina set.

  • Revisit my childhood home at least every 2 weeks.

Yep, I’m ready to take the challenge. ♥

1 comments:

susane said...

Your work surprised me a lot because it's been a long time since I found this wonderful sharing.

voyance sérieuse en ligne