“The only way to make the right decision is to know what the wrong decision is. You have to examine the other path, without fear & without being morbid, & then decide.”
However, from the same book where that was derived, interestingly, from the Personal Vices chapter, this is what I get:
“Pity those who reduce the cosmos to an explanation, God to a magic potion, & humanity to beings with basic needs that must be satisfied, because they never hear the music of the spheres. But have even more pity on those who have blind faith, & who in their laboratories transform mercury into gold, & who are surrounded by their books about the secrets of the Tarot & the power of the pyramids. Neither of these kinds of people know Thy law that says, ‘Whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.’"
Sigh. But I am still outside looking in with wide-eyed gusto despite everything. I still feel that this is going to be my year. So hooray for my 30 Things To Do At Least Before I Die… Errr, I Mean, Before I Hit 30.
- Learn more about feng shui, & have fun with interior decorating.
- Get a driver’s license.
- Learn kendo.
- Learn more about wine appreciation.
- Get a makeover. Seriously.
- Be more diligent with yoga.
- Experiment with cooking more.
- Work on my supposed writing prowess.
- Take care of my new puppies attentively.
- Have my room repainted to a soft pink.
- Take care of areca palms & orchids.
- Collect more scented candles. Maybe even make them myself!
- Wear sunscreen more regularly.
- Go back to strength training.
- Get a new pair of rollerblades.
- Smile more, even when cranky as hell.
- Don’t take crap from powertrippers.
- Work on expressing my distaste/indignance/fury more constructively.
- Take up oil painting classes.
- Update my bookshelf/iTunes.
- Save more money.
- Save the world, one plastic bag & bottle at a time.
- Learn how to assemble a desktop computer.
- Take more pictures.
- Master a new language.
- Learn how to swim again.
- Prepare for my retirement.
- Update my resumé.
- Get a new tarot deck, like the Victoria-Regina set.
- Revisit my childhood home at least every 2 weeks.
Yep, I’m ready to take the challenge. ♥