Saturday, August 18, 2007

on yin & yang

I’m sick again & I hate it. I can barely concentrate but I might as well make an update here. So far, I’ve lost one potential client because of the weather, but I had my best friend pay me for a reading this week & I’ll be meeting a new one next week. As usual, proceeds will go to maintaining my departed youngest sister’s stead & Catholic Mass offerings, but I’m really happy how things are turning out. Now all I have to do is get my voice back & be strong enough to conduct sessions & resume my usual credit verification duties.

There are a few cards I want to discuss today. These cards usually are alarming once they’re drawn, but looking at them more closely gives a whole new perspective.

First off, the Three of Swords. In order to come to a conclusion with one’s misery, one must bridge the gap between one’s thoughts & feelings. The head & the heart may say different things, but if one can reach a compromise between opposing stances, then enlightenment will arise. How Zen.

Then the Seven of Wands, as aptly put by Kat Black of the Golden Tarot, reminds us to take a stand in order for us to rise above our struggles, to never give up, as long as we know we’re in the right of way.

As for the Devil, it can be a sign that you are gaining control, or at least awareness, of your weaknesses or addictions. Time to step up & fully overcome all that.

Lastly, the Moon can only mean one thing: that the Seeker should have more sleep to regain energy & calm his agitated mind. In conjunction with the card’s traditional meaning, dreams have an important message & we should pay close attention to whatever we remember.

There’s something scary about the Nine of Coins that I perceived last month, but for the life of me, I can’t remember now. Seeing her cloaked in black & gold is charming & disturbing at the same time.



I wonder where this sense of dread is coming from.

Anyway, the yearly book fair that I’m always excited about is just around the corner, & I can’t wait to check out the goods at discount prices available. Will I get a new deck this time? I sure hope so!

0 comments: